We hope you can join us at the Third Annual Children’s Holiday Parade and Lighting Ceremony THIS Sunday, December 4th kicking off at 3:30pm. The excitement around the event continues to grow and I wanted to give you some recent updates on how the parade is shaping up for our kids, families and neighbors.
- We will be lining up at 36th Avenue and Bell Boulevard (in front of Redeemer Lutheran Church of Bayside) at 3pm.
- All groups, schools, associations, sports leagues and individuals are invited to march. Sign up now at this link.
- We also invite all participants to bring and set up a holiday table at the end of the parade to give away information or sell any items that will assist their organization.
- Volunteers are needed to help everyone reach the end of the parade route on 41st Avenue and Bell Boulevard aka the entrance of the Bayside LIRR station.
- We will be treated to holiday caroling, performances, marching bands, NYPD and FDNY, free holiday treats and hot chocolate for the kids, Christmas tree and holiday lighting, Menorah lighting and, of course, a visit from Santa on top of our very own FDNY fire truck!
If you have any questions or would like to participate, please don’t hesitate to contact me or my staff members coordinating the event, Breeana Mulligan and Ahmed Nazaar, anytime at 718-619-8611.
Let’s continue to make this wonderful event a tradition for our community for years to come. I look forward to seeing everyone at the parade!
Blessings and Regards,
Council Member Paul A. Vallone